Youth Volunteer Award Criteria
This award will honour and recognize a Hurunui Youth who has demonstrated significant commitment and dedication towards volunteering over the last year. The nominee can be any youth (up to 25 years) who resides in the Hurunui District. Closing date is the 9th of June 2017 (09/06/2017)
All youth who live in the Hurunui District are eligible for this award. Youth Councillors are not eligible to use their Youth Council membership as volunteering experience for this award.
Nominees for this award will have demonstrated the following examples of positive volunteering
- Worked voluntarily towards the betterment of the Hurunui community and/or New Zealand
- Dedicated personal time and effort to working as a volunteer
- Been an active volunteer over the last year
- Are passionate about making a difference
- Contributed to sustainable lasting solutions
A nomination form must be completed and submitted to the Hurunui Youth Council (via the nomination form below) before the 9th of June (09/06/2017).
- A committee of Youth Council members will determine the award recipient(s).
- The Chairperson will notify the recipient(s) of their selection.
- Awards will be presented at the annual community services awards hosted by the Hurunui District Council